Purchase your Section 508 Compliance Support guide now!

Purchase your Section 508 Compliance Support guide now!

Cognos 8 -- Report Studio: Add comments in report expression

Well I don’t know about you, but this was driving me nuts for a long time and I finally came across the answer! 

 

When you’re working with Cognos Report Studio and dealing with report expressions in a multi-developer environment sometimes you want the ability to add comments directly into the report.  I know, I know…you’re saying that anything that should require comments should have been included in the technical specs for the report but just go with it.

 

Here is the syntax for a sample Cognos 8 Report Studio report expression which contains comments:

 

#/*Here are the comments*/#

[GORT].[COUNTRY].[COUNTRY_CODE]